Merage JCC Employment Opportunities
Club J After School Counselors: The Merage Jewish Community Center of Orange County’s after school program is looking for counselors. Club J, the after school program provides an enrichment based program for children from a variety of schools. Children come to the JCC when their school day is done for a safe and fun-filled afternoon. We are looking for part-time staff.
- Have LIVE Scan from the State of California or must obtain prior to start date
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Minimum of 16 college credits or completed one semester of college
- Experience working with school-aged children
JCamps Counselor – Camp Haverim: We are looking for qualified, enthusiastic individuals who want to work in a fun summer camp environment. Camp Haverim’s environments is a fun, safe and nurturing place, where children swim, play sports, make craft projects and go on field trips. We are looking to fill the following positions: Senior Counselors, Lifeguards, and Unit Heads.
We are looking for students that are interested in working with children over the entirety of the summer. The summer runs from June 23rd-August 22nd. All staff is required to work the entire summer and be present at the five training dates prior to the start of summer camp.
Please submit the staff application to apply.
Lifeguard: Lifeguards must ensure a fun, yet safe swimming environment for all users of the facility. This includes patron safety, enforcing the rules, accident prevention, keeping facility clean, and providing excellent customer service. All Certifications must be current: Lifeguarding Certification; CPR for the Professional Rescuer; First Aid/AED Certification.
Personal Training & Group Training/ Bootcamp Specialist: Merage JCC Wellness Department is searching for a fitness/ bootcamp specialist who has expertise in one-on-one personal training and group training.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Build clientele in both personal trainings and group trainings month to month
- Provide excellent customer service to JCC members
- Ability to hit monthly goals
- Plan orientations including scheduling, health history, exercise, cardiovascular, stretching and group exercise prescription.
- Turn payroll in on time
- Keep track of schedules
- Show up on time for clients & Be prepared for workouts
- Take part in personal training promotions and attend staff meetings
- Maintain safe welcoming environment in the Fitness Center at all times
- Must be dressed professionally when on duty including, Personal Training shirt and name tags
- Current training certifications and AED, CPR, First Aid Certs (adult and child)
- Must have current Personal Training Certification from an accredited agency (ie ACE), degree in related field is preferred.
- Must possess up to date knowledge of fitness protocols.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in Group and One-On-One Training (preferably in a mid-large club setting)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail & Team Orientated
- Able to develop and design successful fitness programs
- Able to work with a wide spectrum of clients
- Proficient in excel, outlook, word
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be willing to work nights and weekend hours
- Position calls for sitting, standing, and walking throughout the building
- Routinely lifts and carries, moves and positions objects weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Candidate must be in good physical condition.
Please email resume to Jason Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.