Prime Time Adults
Take part in the vibrant community of Jewish adults. Play a game of Bridge, take a Mah Jongg refresher course, improve your body in a gentle yoga class, or participate in lectures by top professors or discussion groups with your JCC friends.
Beyond the Canvas
Thursdays, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
The Jewish Experience
- Jan. 13 − Up, Up and Oy Vey: Jews & Comic Book Superheroes »
- Feb. 3 − Israel in the Six-Day War »
- Mar. 3 − Jews & Booze: the Chosen People in the Age of Prohibition »
Great Jewish Americans 101
- Jews and Jazz: A Musical Event »
Sunday, April 6, 4-5:30 p.m.
Beyond Matzah Ball Soup with Judy Kancigor »
Thursday, Mar. 27, 12-2 p.m.
iPhone Tips and Secrets
Create! Arts & Crafts Workshop
Thursdays, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Jan. 9 & 16 − Decoupage picture display boxes »
- Feb. 6 & 13 − Design mosaic trays or mirror frames »
- Mar. 6 & 13 − Make your own Passover plate cover »
Get Your Book Published
- Jan. 29 − Wednesday 10:30-11:30 a.m. »
- Feb. 26 − Wednesday 10:30-11:30 a.m. »
- Mar. 26 − Wednesday 10:30-11:30 a.m. »
Make a Photo Book on the Computer
Women’s Connection − Lecture Series
Wednesdays, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Jan. 22 − Plan your 2014 Goals »
- Feb. 19 − A Wholistic Approach to Women’s Wellness: Resilience »
- Mar. 19 − Feelings and Food »
- Apr. 9 − Women of Passover with Rabbi Leah Lewis »
Wednesdays & Fridays, 8:45-9:45 a.m. Ongoing. This gentle approach to yoga helps you increase flexibility, improve circulation and experience more energy. It’s a great way to reduce stress and improve physical condition. All Ages are welcome. Members only, no charge. Bring a yoga mat and strap.
Gentle Yogalates & Meditation
Mondays, 9-10:20 a.m. Jan. 6-Feb. 24.
Fridays, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Jan. 10-31 (4 classes).
Mah Jongg Tournament − Thursday, Jan. 16
Drop-in Mah Jongg
Mondays, 7-9 p.m. (ongoing). Beginner and advanced players. Members only, no charge.
Supervised Drop-in Mah Jongg
Thursdays, 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. (ongoing). Bring your JCC friends and meet other Mah Jongg players. Member only, no charge.
Learn to Play Mah Jongg
Mah Jongg Refresher
Mondays, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. (ongoing). Meet other bridge players—no partner needed to participate. Tables arranged by level. Members only, no charge.
Bridge Workshop with Supervised Play
Tuesdays, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Jan. 7-Feb. 18.
Poker League 2014
Nine Sundays – Games start at 1 p.m.
Discussion Groups/Clubs at the J
News & Views on Mondays, 10-11:30 a.m.
This class is for everyone who loves to discuss current events and the news. Come talk about local and world issues in this interactive class where participation is encouraged. Members only, no charge. Drop-ins welcome.
Books & Bagels
Tuesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. Meets once a month.
- Jan. 28 − Once We Were Brothers by Ron Balson »
- Feb. 25 − The Innocents by Francesca Segal »
- Mar. 25 − The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker »
Men’s Club at the J
Fridays, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Enjoy coffee and bagels while discussing issues of the day. News articles or other topics that interest members are brought in and thought provoking exchanges develop as members share views based on professional experience, life lessons, or opinions. Members only, no charge. Drop-ins welcome.
The View for Women of All Ages
Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Come for coffee, chat, and share your ideas while discussing topics of interest to women. Meet for lunch the last Tuesday of the month. Free to members, Public $5 per session.