The Merage JCC Aquatics Center offers something for members of every age and experience level, including swim lessons; youth swim team, low impact water aerobics and lap swimming. Our pool facilities are fully-equipped with professional lifeguards, a heated toddler pool, Jacuzzi, and custom lounge chairs with a shade area. For competitions the JCC uses regulation starting blocks, lane lines, and an electronic scoreboard.
JCC Membership is required to use the pool and register for classes.
Pool hours & Information:
|Monday-Thursday||5 a.m.-9:30 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m.-4:30 p.m.|
|Saturdays||7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.|
|Sundays||7:45 a.m.-5:30 p.m.|
In order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment, please comply with the following JCCOC Aquatics Center Rules. Thank you!
- No diving is allowed at any time in either pool or the Jacuzzi.
- If a child requires a floatation device to swim, then a responsible adult must be within arm’s reach of the child at all times– no exceptions. Personal flotation devices and water toys must be approved by the Aquatic Director before being used in the pool.
- Children using the warm water/teaching pool under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18) in the water.
- Swimsuits are required while using any body of water.
- Showering is required before entering either the pools or the Jacuzzi.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18) in the pool area.
- The pool deck is slippery when wet.
- Please do not change children in the pool area. Please use the family locker room.
LAP SWIM: Lap Swimming is considered to be continuous swimming lengthwise, and is available throughout the day only in designated lanes. If the number of Lap Swimmers exceeds 2 per lane, please switch to circle swimming. Children may lap swim providing they are adhering to these guidelines and, if necessary, accompanied by a responsible adult.
Please note: there is limited lane space available during the swim team workout from 4-7 pm Monday-Thursday and 3-4:30 pm on Friday.
Aqua FitnessBurn calories and move to the beat in ways you never thought you could in this high energy fun new class. JCC Fitness Center Members only.
|Time:||Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.Wednesday from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
Low Impact Water AerobicsIncrease your strength, flexibility and aerobic conditioning through water exercises without putting stress on your joints and muscles. Low impact class geared for people with arthritis or osteoporosis. JCC Fitness Center Members only.
Monday and Thursday classes are aqua fitness, Friday class is water pilates.
|Time:||Monday, Thursday & Friday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.|
Master Swimming, Ages 18+Welcome to the newest aquatics program at the JCC for swimmers 18 and over.
A certified coach guides you through a swimming workout that develops the skills you need to swim smoother, farther, and faster. The program will help adult swimmers of all levels to improve their swimming skills and assist them in meeting their personal goals.
Lanes sorted by ability will accommodate Novice swimmers to Tri-athlete. If you need a little pick up from your lap swimming or need a little instruction, then try it today! Swim yardage 800-2500 yards during the hour. Swimmer brings bathing suit, goggles, zoomers and something to drink during training.
Tues., Thurs., 7-8 a.m. $109 per month. Sign up today at the aquatics center or contact Coach Pam.
|Time:||Tuesday & Thursday from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.|
|Starts:||Tuesday, Jan. 7 Add to Outlook|
|Ends:||Tuesday, Dec. 30|
|$109 for members.|