Free Group Exercise Classes
Join fellow “J” members in a variety of classes for every fitness level. Classes are taught by personable certified professionals who love to teach and motivate you to reach your fitness goals. Download our group schedule and class descriptions for more information.
*Half hour options – Mix & Match to create your own personal Power Hour!
- *Ab Lab: Attack your abs with a 30 minute class full of exercises for your entire core.
- Aqua Fitness: This class will bring your fitness up to the next level by challenging you with both strengthening and cardiovascular exercises. You will receive all the benefits of exercise without the added stress on your joints. Great for when you are ready for a little bit more than the Low Impact Aqua class.
- *Body Blitz: Maximize your work out with a 30 minute resistance class. In this class you will get a complete muscle toning workout using a variety of equipment including; free weights, bands, balls, and platforms. This will increase strength, calorie burning muscle mass, improve bone density and posture.
- Burn and Firm: Burn and Firm incorporates high energy cardio and toning exercises for a total body workout. This class uses a variety of fitness equipment to keep you mentally and physically motivated.
- *Cardio Blast: A high intensity class using cardio formats such as step, hi/lo, plyometrics and sports conditioning drills for a fat-burning workout.
- *Cardio Kickboxing: This high-speed, intense aerobic workout will get your heart pumping! Learn kicking and punching techniques while strengthening the entire body. Be ready to jab, hook, roundhouse, and totally empower yourself!
- Cycle & Sunrise Cycle: A fantastic heart pumping workout that simulates various outdoor bike riding styles in and out of the saddle, from flats to sprints to climbs. Weather permitting, the sunrise cycle class will be held outside by the pool.
- Gentle Yoga: This gentle approach to yoga helps you increase flexibility, improve circulation and experience more energy. It’s a great way to start getting in shape. Bring your own Yoga Mat.
- Low Impact Water Aerobics: Increase your strength, flexibility and aerobic conditioning through water exercises without putting stress on your joints and muscles. This low impact class is geared for people with arthritis or osteoporosis.
- Mat Pilates & Advanced Pilates: This class is based off of the teachings of Joseph Pilates. It is designed to develop your core strength, flexibility, muscular endurance and mind body awareness while focusing on proper breathing and posture. Advanced Mat Pilates is at a faster pass with a higher level of difficulty.
- Melt: Do you have body aches and pains? This class utilizes customized balls and rollers to help massage away tightness caused by injury or stress. The MELT method system will improve flexibility, mobility and posture while reducing aches, pains and tension.
- Pilates Fusion: This class is designed to develop your core strength, flexibility, muscular endurance and mind body awareness while focusing on proper breath and posture. Along with classical Pilate’s exercises this class will include a fusion of standing exercises and the use of equipment such as bosu, balls and bands.
- Stretch, Flex & Balance: A great class to increase flexibility, proper posture mechanics and balance control This 3-part format begins with moving stretches, advances to core and balance, and ends with relaxing static stretches. Increase your flexibility and help reduce injury!
- Super Stretch: This class will give you a 30 minute head to toe stretch using a combination of traditional yoga poses along with relaxing static stretches. Get ready to feel more relaxed and centered and ready for your day.
- Svaroopa Yoga: This style of yoga will utilize a unique blend of restorative poses to create a core opening while encouraging relaxation to the deepest layers of the body.
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga: This style of yoga links breath and movement through a nimble sequence of Sun Salutations and postures. The smooth, continuous flow deepens breathing, increases endurance, and will improve your balance and flexibility. Each class will also include static yoga stretches and conclude with a stress reducing relaxation.
- Water Pilates: Pilates exercises for the pool elongate the entire body with unique conditioning exercises. Build a stronger core by moving from the inside out. Develop strength and flexibility with fluidity and grace. Water Pilates appeals to wide spectrum of ages and fitness levels. Modifications are addressed with most exercises.
- Zumba®: This is a fast-pace exciting dance class! It incorporates several Latin dance moves to burn calories while learning to move your body in ways you never thought possible. Subject to change without notice.
View PDF: May Group X schedule 2013