Professional Personalized Nutrition Plans
with Melanie R. Silverman MS, RD, IBCLC
A personalized nutrition plan can help you…
- FEEL BETTER
- LOOK BETTER
- SLEEP BETTER
- WORK BETTER
- PLAY BETTER
Improve your health and your family’s health by learning what and how to eat.
- Weight gain or loss
- Disease prevention/management
- Food allergies/sensitivities
- Go vegetarian/vegan safely
- Find tasty alternatives to unhealthy choices
- Increase your well-being
- Practice “mindful eating”
- Learn about eating “green”
- Increase your energy
- Improve your skin, hair & appearance
Three Programs to Choose From
- You will get the expert help you need to develop a personalized nutrition program that fits your lifestyle.
- Each chld has unique nutritional needs and parents sometimes need expert guidance about their child’s nutritional health.
WHOLE FAMILY PROGRAM
- Some families need a nutritional makeover tailored to a variety of individual issues.
What to expect from your nutrition counseling sessions
- Expert, professional, confidential nutrient analysis
- Food journal evaluation
- Helpful handouts, websites and book recommendations based on medical history, goals and concerns
- Discounts on tune-up sessions for program participants
Melanie R. Silverman MS, RD, IBCLC is a registered dietitian and board certified lactation consultant. Melanie received her Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Spanish from Indiana University and a Master’s Degree in Clinical Nutrition from Rush University. Melanie spent seven years as a clinical dietitian at The University of Chicago Medical Center and started her private practice work in 2003. She has the ability to provide nutritional expertise from infancy to adulthood and is very excited to offer these services to JCC members.
- Evaluate medical and nutritional history
- Discuss any medical issues as it relates to your nutrition
- Establish program goals
- Explanation of food journal and its importance in program
Analysis/discussion of food journals:
- Vitamin and mineral recommendations
- Personalized meal and snack recommendations
- Review of goals and questions
Grocery store tour:
- Tour includes one-on-one attention at the grocery store identifying different foods and their nutritional value in your meal planning with respect to taste and health.
- Feel free to shop. Groceries not included.
- Review goals, next steps and challenges