Welcome to SEASON 5 of the LARGEST LOSER Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Program!
10 Weeks*: March 3 to May 5, 2013
Want to Learn more?
- View a brochure: largest loser brochure 2013-spring; largest loser food plan insert spring 2013
- Attend one of our Information Meetings**:
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Contact the Fitness Desk for more information or to register: call (949) 435-3400, ext. 283.
Open to the entire community. Reach your weight loss and fitness goals by utilizing our professional coaches and registered dietitian in this life-changing program. The option of purchasing premade delicious meals makes it even easier to succeed with your goals! Participants of the first four seasons lost a total of nearly 2500 lbs!
- JCC certified personal trainers who will become your personal motivators and team coaches
- Group Work-outs
- Pre-made meal plan available
- A Registered Dietitian who will guide you through the mysteries of healthy but practical eating to shed those pounds.
- Food diary, team tee shirt and fitness goody bag
- Attend seminars and events
- Meet with special guests who will inspire you to stay on track and get real results.
- $25 discount on program registration for attending an info night
- $15 Referral fee (if your referral has never taken the program and signs up at an info night.)
“I want to thank you the Largest Loser Team for your support and your patience in my largest loser journey. The program is so carefully crafted but I feel it would be nothing without the inspiring coaches and amazing JCC support staff. Thank you for pushing me even when I felt I didn’t want to be pushed further. Thank you for the amazing opportunity of meeting everyone—- I couldn’t stop raving about this program to…well… o pretty much everybody. I look forward to continuing my healthy lifestyle journey. I have a special place in my heart for the staff and this program!”
Alma Kenup- Season 4 Largest Loser Female Winner!!
“Deciding to be a part of the LARGEST LOSER program was one the best decisions I have ever made. They gave me the support, inspiration and knowledge needed for me to become healthy and fit. I came into the program hoping to lose 20 pounds, but I ended up losing 58 pounds. I attribute this success to my amazing trainers and dietitian. The friendly competition and team spirt really helped to keep me motivated. I feel like I’ve been able to turn the clock back twenty years!” - Andy Johnson, LL Winner Season 2
“The LARGEST LOSER Program was amazing and fun; it made a true difference in my life. In mid-June I climbed Mt Baldy!!! Thank you for offering it!!” - Kim Mishow, LL Participant Seasons 1 & 2
Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Got 10 minutes? Double Your Weight Loss
That’s all you may need to double your weight loss and triple the odds you’ll stick with that new routine. A pile of recent studies proves that simply writing down your daily progress in a journal makes a huge difference in the numbers on your scale and your tape measure.
Australian women and men who started a new exercise program were three times more likely to work out five days a week if they logged each session. Out of nearly 1,700 people on a 6-month weight loss program, those who kept a daily food journal lost twice as much weight as those who didn’t keep a journal. The researchers who led the study say jotting a few words on a sticky note, or sending yourself an email or text message about what you ate for lunch or how long you walked, works perfectly well. Tracking works by making you aware of what you’re really doing, by holding you accountable, and by giving you a psychic pat on the back when you’re doing the right thing (and a kick in the pants when you’re not).
New research suggests that some basic do’s and don’ts can make it work better:
- Be honest. Go ahead; write down that embarrassing cookie binge or the fact that you skipped your walk to watch the game.
- Keep it simple. People who switched from detailed food-and-exercise diaries to simple lists where they just checked off the size of their meals and the minutes they worked out lost just as much weight as those who wrote reams.
- Choose your medium. Paper? Computer? iPad? Choose your format. In one study of dieters, those who picked their own system were 50 percent more likely to record their food and twice as likely to record their exercise as those who were told which format to use.
- Snap a picture. Using your cell phone to photograph a meal before you dig in may work even better than writing down what you ate, a Wisconsin study suggests. Just pausing to look at the picture can be enough to make you shove aside the fries and eat every leaf of the salad.
NUTRITION & EATING PLANS
NEW! Themed Nutrition
- Clean Eating
- Mindful Eating
- Shake It Up
- Take Control
- Diet plans and workshops
- Weekly follow up meetings with a registered dietitian to promote healthy and safe weight loss. NEW! Dietitian available 24/7.
- Confidential weekly weigh ins
- Premade meal options catered by Blueberry Hill
- NEW! Family option for meals.
- NEW! Purchase lunches only or dinners only
- Purchase 2 weeks at a time
FITNESS SESSIONS & BONUS WORKOUTS
NEW! Themed Workouts
- Cardio Flush
- Mindful Movement
- Straight Up Strength
- Take Control
Workout sessions three times a week with a professional coach utilizing the JCC fitness center, gym, aquatics center and sports fields.
For more information, contact Jason Meyers at (949) 435-3400, ext. 266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.