The Milton J. & Doris H. Chasin
The Merage JCC Aquatics Center offers something for members of every age and experience level, including swim lessons, youth swim team, low impact water aerobics and lap swimming. Our pool facilities are fully-equipped with a wild slide, zero-entry splash pad for little ones, an electronic scoreboard, Jacuzzi, professional lifeguards and custom lounge chairs and shade area.
Pool hours & information
|Monday-Thursday||5 a.m.-9:30 p.m.||Saturday||7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m.-4:30 p.m.||Sunday||7:45 a.m.-5:30 p.m.|
JCC Water Park summer hours
|Saturday||11 a.m.-4 p.m.|
|Sunday||11 a.m.-4 p.m.|
In order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment, please comply with the following JCCOC Aquatics Center Rules:
- Slide lifeguards must be on duty to ride the Wild Slide and children must be a minimum of 42" to ride the Wild Slide.
- No diving is allowed at any time in either pool or the Jacuzzi.
- If a child requires a floatation device to swim, then a responsible adult must be within arm’s reach of the child at all times– no exceptions. Personal flotation devices and water toys must be approved by the Aquatic Director before being used in the pool.
- Children using the warm water/teaching pool under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18) in the water.
- Swimsuits are required while using any body of water.
- Showering is required before entering either the pools or the Jacuzzi.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18) in the pool area.
- The pool deck is slippery when wet.
- Please do not change children in the pool area. Please use the family locker room.
Lap swimming is continuous swimming lengthwise, and is available throughout the day in designated lanes. During pool hours there are always a minimum of two lanes open and generally more. If the number of lap swimmers exceeds 2 per lane, lifeguards will request you switch to circle swimming. Children may lap swim providing they are adhering to these guidelines and, if necessary, accompanied by a responsible adult.
Please note: there is limited lane space available during swim team workouts from 4-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 3-5:30 p.m. on Fridays and 12-3 p.m. on Sundays.
About the Aquatics Staff
Chris Duncan, Merage JCC Aquatic Director
Chris oversees all aspects of the JCC's swimming programs. Chris has more than 20 years of progressively responsible experience instructing as many as 10,000 swimmers in all capacities of aquatics. Chris leads swimmers through a lifetime of swimming skills, water safety and competitive training for all ages. He provides superior instruction for adults and children who are first learning to swim and those who are mastering their stroke techniques. Chris is a lifetime member of the America Swim Coaches Association.
Gina Duncan, Merage JCC Assistant Aquatic Director
Gina oversees the training of all swimmers 12 and under and has put the JCC's team in the top 5, three years in a row, for the Southern California Swimming Junior Olympics. Gina works one-on-one in lessons with top swimmers so they become the best in the nation. Gina regularly trains the 9-12 year old group and her successes include a lifetime 10 swimmers on the USA Swimming National ranking list with 3 current JCC Waves swimmers added to her tally this year.
For information about Merage JCC Aquatics programs or swim team group placement evaluations, contact Chris at (949) 435-3400 ext. 144, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Gina at (949) 435-3400 ext. 160, email@example.com.