JStage Youth Theatre
$30 members/$40 Public
$30 members/$40 Public
(Music Video Dance)
$30 members/$40 Public
$80 Member/$100 public
All Classes are online from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Our Dance Teacher: Jessica Gray
Jessica Gray is a musical theatre actor and choreographer from New York, and is thrilled to be returning to the JStage family, to teach this virtual workshop series, where she co-directed and choreographed shows from 2014-2018! Jessica has studied with dance companies such as The Fosse/ Verdon Legacy and The Radio City Rockettes. Past performing credits include: “Sesame Street Live!” (Ernie), “Steel Magnolias” (Shelby) and “Anything Goes” (Hope).
September 8 - January 17, Tuesdays, via Zoom, from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
and Sundays, onsite from 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Celebrate the best of Broadway in this hybrid program consisting of both in-person and virtual rehearsal schedules. The cast will be assigned small groups culminating in a live-streamed and recorded performance. All CDC, local and medical expert health and safety guidelines will be followed and enforced.
Max: 30 Cast Members
JCC Members: $450
Rehearsals: Begin Tuesday September 8th
Sunday's: 2-5 pm in-person at the JCC (not every child will be called for every Sunday rehearsal)
Tuesday's: 4:30-6:30 pm Via Zoom
Tech week: January 10-14, 4-6pm
Performance Day: Sunday, January 17, 2021
Registration Opens: Monday, August 24th
12/20-1/2/21 (Winter Break)
Online Audition submission due: September 1st (audition materials will be given after registration is received)
Please see below for JStage Policies and Guidelines.
The cast size of this production will be 20-30 performers with two instructors.
- JStage will be doing a Broadway Revue! Each cast member will be assigned specific musical numbers to perform in small rehearsal/performance groups, as designated by the director.
- Cast members will receive all audition material and dance choreography after registering, and auditions must be submitted by deadline give.
- Only cast members will be allowed at rehearsals.
- Cast members should layer clothing appropriately in consideration of colder weather.
- Masks covering nose and mouth will be required at all times. (neck fleeces and bandannas do not meet this requirement)
- The rehearsal schedule will be strategically created so that we can work with smaller groups of students at a time.
- Tuesdays will be a virtual Zoom call rehearsal with the whole cast.
- These items will most likely be items you already have at home or can borrow from a family member.
- JStage will provide costume pieces to enhance that base costume.
- Cast families will be responsible for washing costumes as necessary.
- Some cast members will be required to purchase/have tap shoes for various group numbers.
- Personal items may not be shared.
Cast Members should bring their own water and eat before rehearsal.
- Consider bringing a water bottle with a straw for easy drinking while wearing a mask.
- Blueberry Hill will not be available during rehearsals. We will not eat snacks together, so please eat before you arrive.
- The live performance will take place in our Myers Theatre with NO AUDIENCE and will be filmed.
- Our performance space will be constructed to allow all applicable health guidelines for social distancing.
- Cast members will be masked for the performance.
- Parents will not be permitted backstage for tech week or performances.
- The show will be live-streamed and recorded.
- Family and friends near and far will be able to watch the entire performance live at home for a $5 fee in lieu of our previous mandatory ticket sales requirement.
JStage introduces young people to the wonders of the performing arts. As a teaching theatre, we are devoted to producing quality shows by children and teens, for audiences of all ages. Our professional staff works to each child's strength to create a positive atmosphere which bolsters self-esteem, teamwork, and a love for the theater. Our seasons consists of two performances in the fall and spring.
Special funding for JCC Cultural Arts is provided by the Doris H. and Milton J. Chasin Cultural Arts Program Endowment and for our theatre by the Isidore & Penny Myers Foundation.
For more information about JStage, contact Nicole Rosenson at firstname.lastname@example.org, (949) 435-3400 ext. 161.
Carina has been a working actress and vocalist for over 15 years. Her experience includes New York City theatre, national tours, regional theatre, web series, commercials, and cast album recordings, as well as international work as a principal vocalist for The Walt Disney Company in Hong Kong, Universal Studios in Singapore, and Silversea, Seabourn, and Holland America cruise lines. Her work has taken her to over 80 different countries! Carina graduated Cum Laude from the University of California, Irvine, with a B.A. in Drama and Honors in Musical Theatre. She is a proud member of Actors Equity Association.
Our Assistant Director
Ryan graduated from AMDA LA with a Bachelors's Degree in Acting. He has directed people of all ages throughout the Orange County area. He started off as an actor and performer doing theatre all throughout Orange County and LA, including Little Shop of Horrors as Seymour Krelborne, but soon stumbled upon directing and instantly fell in love. He got his start by assistant directing “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” and that spiraled into him co-choreographing and directing shows at Musical Theatre Village in Irvine. He eventually went on to direct shows by himself, even winning the title of Best Show of that year, for The Addams Family. He has also taught multiple camps and even dipped his foot in the after school drama programs throughout the Saddleback and Capo school districts. He also enjoys being an acting coach and has had the privilege of coaching many kids throughout Orange County. He is so excited to begin this journey with J-Stage and can’t wait to bring more stories to the stage.