Venues with showers
- Anaheim Ice
- UCI ARC (Anteater Recreation Center) at University of California, Irvine
- University High School (UNI)
- Merage JCC
Monday, August 5 - Thursday, August 9
Lunch is served at 3 locations from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily
1. MSC (Basketball)
2. Anaheim Ice (Ice Hockey)
3. Merage JCC (All other sports)
Artists lunch will be provided at ArtsFest locations
Dinner is provided at evening events and closing party. Host families provide dinner on Wednesday, August 8.
Snacks, water and Powerade are available at all athletic and evening event venues. Please note that snacks and drinks are for athletes, artists, coaches and delegation heads only.
Meals with Host Families
• Breakfast Monday - Friday
• Dinner on Sunday prior to Opening Ceremonies
• Dinner on Wednesday for Host Family Night
• Snacks after evening pick-up
All other meals, as well as daytime snacks, are provided to the teens by the JCC. All food served by the JCC is strictly kosher.
Teens may use the facilities available to them at the JCC or simply “hang out" with other Jewish teens in the Hang Time area, where special activities are designed to help teens socialize and participate in Judaic and Israeli programs.
Merage JCC hours:
Monday - Thursday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. next to the JCC Maccabi dining room
Monday - Thursday, 1-4:30 p.m. at the Merage JCC pool
MSC basketball facility hours:
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Come to Hang Time and transport yourself to the beaches of “The OC" and Israel. Every day from 1-4:30 p.m. immerse yourself in the beach of Tel Aviv at the Merage JCC Pool for Israeli themed beach parties, complete with Israel
games, snacks and more!
Spend time in the Hang Time lounge with our Israeli schlichim, play games and participate in an array of activities or just relax and take in the atmosphere.
Don't forget to check out the list of special Hang Time programs every afternoon like the Israeli dancing, Zumba, Krav Maga, the Kahoot Game
Show, henna tattoos and more.
Daily Hang Time Raffle
Make sure to collect raffle tickets throughout the week and enter to win some great Israeli prizes!
Enter raffle tickets by simply:
Hanging out in the Hang Time Lounge
Answering trivia questions in Hang Time
Looking for signs posted around Hang Time for scheduled activities and
participating in them
Completing additional JCC Cares mitzvah projects in Hang Time
Remember, the more raffle tickets you accumulate the more likely you are to
win one of the fabulous prizes. Good luck!
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Teens may use the facilities available to them at the MSC or simply “hang out" with other Jewish teens in the Hang Time area, where special activities are designed to help teens socialize and participate in Judaic and Israeli programs.
Finished your competition?
Join us at the JCC field to try your hand at a fun second sport!
Session 1 9:30-11 a.m.
Session 2 2-3:30 p.m.
Athletes must participate in the Games whether or not they are still competing. They are free to hang out at the JCC, enjoy Hang Time programming, or watch their friends compete in other sports. There will be second sport options available for those not competing on Thursday.
Professional medical volunteers will be present at every venue when athletes are present. Any time that an athlete is injured and cannot immediately return to a game on his or her own, the athlete will be evaluated by medical staff. Once seen by medical staff, only the medical staff can determine whether it is appropriate for an athlete to return to competition.
If a teen guest experiences a non-life threatening medical situation... treat him/her as you would any member of your family.
• Call the Delegation Head whose number is printed on the back of the teen's credentials
• The Delegation Head will notify Maccabi Central if further action is required
• Maccabi Central will notify on-call medical personnel to return call to Host Family to give medical advice and advise of next steps
• Delegation Head calls teen's parents. Please do not call parents directly
If a teen guest experiences a life threatening medical situation... treat him/her as you would any member of your family.
• Call 911 and then call the teen's Delegation Head
• However, if the teen's condition requires the Host Family's full attention, a call to 911 is sufficient. In all circumstances, the teen's well-being is your primary concern
• Delegation Head contacts the teen's parents and goes to hospital as appropriate. Delegation Head will take responsibility for teen and remain in contact with teen's parents
• JCC Maccabi medical personnel notify Medical Chair and Games Director. Delegation Head will keep Games Director and hosts updated
• The teen must be seen at Maccabi Central by medical personnel for clearance to continue in Maccabi events
Medical times and locations
Monday-Thursday 6 a.m. | JCC Medical Central
Tuesday-Thursday 7 a.m. | MSC
Tuesday-Wednesday 8 a.m. | Anaheim Ice
Monday 6-8:30 p.m. | Boomers
Tuesday 6-8:30 p.m. | Newport Dunes