While these many months have been filled with great challenges and change, our mission, values, and commitment to you has not, and will not waver.
In addition to following the Centers for Disease Control and OC Health Care Agency guidelines, as well as the State of California mandates, the J is implementing extra precautions to help our community stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and distancing practices within each of our classes, programs, and facility areas.
We request all members and guests carefully follow these guidelines to help keep the facilities and the entire community as safe and healthy as possible.
Member, Staff & Guest Guidelines
To do our part in preventing the spread of COVID in our community and workplace, we are restricting access to this facility for anyone who may have recently been exposed to the virus. As a valued and loyal J member, please take the health and safety of others to heart. Read the guidelines carefully.
To enter our facilities, members, guests and staff must affirm:
You have not in the last 14 days had any close contact with anyone who had COVID-19, or who was experiencing or displaying any of the known symptoms (listed below); and
In the last 14 days you have not experienced or displayed, any of the following symptoms:
A temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher,
Cough, shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing,
Loss of smell and/or taste,
Fatigue, muscle aches, chills, shaking, or
If you answered YES to either of the above statements, you may NOT enter the building.
Thank you for your cooperation and your help in keeping our community healthy.
Entering the J
Whether at the front doors (opened October 18), the preschool or Club J entrances, all members and guests have their temp taken and show a temp of less than 100.4 degrees. The J team uses non-contact thermal scanners, we will take your temperature.
We are practicing CDC-recommended safe distancing throughout the J. We will enforce strict limits on the number of individuals in fitness and the gym, at our pool, and throughout the entire facility. Please do your part in following the guidelines and practicing safe distancing.
The J will be using a phased approach to our re-opening with more programs. Check back often as we update this list in the coming weeks.
Club J - Afterschool Program. For more information click here.
Weekdays open 5:30 a.m.-3 p.m. and 6:30–7:30 p.m., lap swimming only on weekdays, 1-hour limit
Weekends open all-day
JCC Cares – social action opportunities.
Outdoor fitness experiences are available. Click here to see the updates.
Outdoor classes, Zoom, and On-Demand classes available
Available on JNetwork
Adult programming available on our JNetwork
Center for Jewish Life
Cultural & Culinary Arts
Group fitness classes
Check back as we update frequently
Slutsky Family Art Gallery
Kids Club and rock climbing wall
Locker rooms & showers
Saunas, Steam Rooms & Whirlpool
Spa and massage services
How can I contact you?
Please feel free to contact us by phone at (949) 435-3400. You can always contact us via MyJCC@jccoc.org at and we will get back as quickly as we can. Thank you for your continued patience!
Are you offering virtual workouts?
Yes! We will continue to offer virtual and in-person programs through our J Network. We have live fitness classes every day, educational and social events to keep our PrimeTime Adults connected, Culinary Challenges that will inspire, and more to keep you engaged and sweating in the comfort of your own home!
Click here to get started today with some of your favorite instructors and classes. We are making updates regularly with resources to help you stay healthy in spirit, mind, and body.
What are the dangers COVID-19 may have on children? How do they differ from those of adults?
Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) page for specific details.
Will the staff at Merage JCC know if a participant has been exposed or contracted COVID-19 and will program close if someone is believed to have been exposed?
Orange County Health Care Agency will be in charge of care and direction for isolation of individuals that have been diagnosed with COVID-19. We will work directly with the OCHCA and take further directions from them if this arises.
Are you taking temperatures at the J?
Yes, we are adhering to CDC recommendations and taking temperatures. In addition, to enter our facilities, members, guests and staff must affirm:
You have not in the last 14 days had any close contact with anyone who is either confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19, including anyone who was experiencing or displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19 (which are listed in item (c) below); and
You have not in the last month traveled to a restricted area that is under a Level 2, 3, or 4 Travel Advisory according to the U.S. State Department (including China, Italy, Iran, and most of Europe); and
You do not currently experience or display, and you have not in the last 14 days experienced or displayed, any of the following symptoms:
• elevated temperature or fever of 100.4 F or higher,
• shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing,
• loss of smell and/or taste,
• fatigue, muscle aches, chills, shaking, or
• persistent headaches.
What happens if I am not allowed to enter the building because of COVID monitoring?
To re-enter the building, you must:
have a temperature below 100.4 for 72-hours without fever reducers (i.e. aspirin, acetaminophen) and be symptom-free;
have had more than 14 days pass since you’ve been in close contact with anyone who is either confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID, or experienced known symptoms of COVID; and
You have not in the last month traveled to a restricted area that is under a Level 2, 3, or 4 Travel Advisory according to the U.S. State Department (including China, Italy, Iran, and most of Europe)
If you are JCC staff, contact your supervisor immediately.
If you have any questions about why you were turned away or when you will be able to return, please do not hesitate to contact Julie Holdaway, Assistant Executive Director, email@example.com
As directed by the State of California, our locker rooms will be closed – at this time showers and saunas will not be available. Of course, bathrooms remain available throughout the J.
Bring your own towels, water bottles and as appropriate, mat.
Our fitness machines have been spaced out and some marked as unavailable to ensure social distancing. JCC staff will clean regularly throughout the day, but we can’t do it alone. All members will be required to thoroughly wipe off the equipment after each use with disinfecting wipes that are readily available throughout every fitness area.
- Wear a face covering at all times, excluding vigorous training
- Wipe down equipment before and after use
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands
- Follow signs for entrance and exit
- Limit your workout to 1 hour
We have moved our fitness center outdoors. For everything you need to reach your fitness goals click here.
As mentioned, mandates by the State of California require us to close locker rooms – at this time showers and saunas are not available. Of course, bathrooms remain available throughout the J.
Members need to bring their own water bottles and towels.
- 25% of normal member/staff on deck per hour. Pool capacity is 20 swimmers at a time
- Enter the Aquatic Center through the pool gate, 1 at a time, 10 feet apart
- Swimming suits should be worn when entering and exiting the Aquatic Center
- Lap Swimmers will wait in line 10 feet apart, waiting on marked areas
- A lifeguard will let lap swimmers know when to enter on to pool deck
- Outdoor showers are available and should be used before entering the pool
- Two swimmers per lane starting at opposite ends of the lanes
- Swimmers will remain on their side of the lane to remain 6 feet apart of other swimmers
- No sharing of goggles, nose clips, snorkels, other personal items.
- First come basis. Maximum of 24 members on deck
- Families limited to 2 hours
- Families may request a lane and must stay in that lane together -- 1 hour limit in lanes
- Families should stay together and observe physical distancing from other families.
- Use the area under the permanent shade structure for personal items. Lounging on deck is not allowed
- At this time, members may NOT use lounge chairs
- Machines and high-touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently
- Deep cleaning and nightly cleaning
- Additional and routine training with all staff on proper cleaning and sanitization techniques
- Hand sanitizers placed throughout the building
- Self-service cleaning materials readily available for member use