JCC Cares Social Action Program
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
Volunteer opportunities for all ages
Our community needs you! The JCC’s social action team brings our community together to perform Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) and Gemilut Hasadim (acts of loving kindness).
JCC Cares Drive-by Food Drives
Our shelters and food banks are serving more and more people, with tighter and tighter resources. While our doors are closed, JCC Cares will be hosting drive-by food drives on
Tuesday, June 23, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Tuesday, July 14, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Tuesday, August 11, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Things most in need: cereal, pasta, pasta sauce, peanut butter, canned chicken or tuna, protein bars, canned fruit, ramen, dog/cat food, baby wipes, masks, gloves, and disinfecting cleaning supplies
Additional ideas how you can help during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Write letters to service people
- Make cards or write letters to seniors, people in the hospital, etc.
- Make thank you cards for people who are working helping us especially right now: Grocery store workers, health care workers, etc.
- Become a pen pal to a senior
- Make mother day gifts/crafts for women in shelters and or seniors
- Take a walk around the neighborhood and pick up trash
- Read the newspaper or book (in portions) over the phone to a senior
- Foster a pet
- Reach out to the most vulnerable in our community
In the Community
Don't forget to tag pictures of your community service projects online with #meragejcc and #jcccares