JCC Cares Social Action Program
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
Volunteer opportunities for all ages
Our community needs you! The JCC’s social action team brings our community together to perform Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) and Gemilut Hasadim (acts of loving kindness).
Here are some ideas how you can help during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Write letters to service people
- Make cards or write letters to seniors, people in the hospital, etc.
- Make thank you cards for people who are working helping us especially right now: Grocery store workers, health care workers, etc.
- Become a pen pal to a senior
- Make mother day gifts/crafts for women in shelters and or seniors
- Take a walk around the neighborhood and pick up trash
- Read the newspaper or book (in portions) over the phone to a senior
- Foster a pet
- Reach out to the most vulnerable in our community
In the Community
Don't forget to tag pictures of your community service projects online with #meragejcc and #jcccares